Together We Can End Homelessness
2023 CoC Program Notice of Funding Opportunity
Annual CoC Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) for Fiscal Year (FY) 2023 Released
For FY23, Northern Colorado (CO-505) has an annual renewal demand (ARD) of $1,419,359, plus potential CoC Bonus and/or DV Bonus Funds for renewal, new and/or expanded eligible projects.
NoCO CoC Program Competition Information
FY2023 CoC Consolidated Application & Priority Listing
- Tier 1 - $1,320,004 or 93% of Annual Renewal Demand (ARD)
- Tier 2 - Remaining 7% of ARD $99,355 + CoC Bonus Funds* $102,443, Reallocated Funds, if any
- DV Bonus Funds* - $146,347
The Northern Colorado 2023 CoC Program Competition will run on the following timeline:
- 7/27/23 - Notice of Intent to Apply: Renewal/New Projects must submit a Notice of Intent to Apply for the 2023 CoC NOFO by 5pm - CLOSED
- 8/18/23 - Completed Project Rating Applications are due to the CoC Project Rating Committee - CLOSED
- Renewal Projects - PH (PSH/RRH) - Rating Application
- New Projects - PH (PSH/RRH) - Rating Application
- Renewal Project - SSO-CE - Rating Application
- 2023 Scoring Matrix-Renewal PH Sample
- 2023 Scoring Matrix-New PH Sample
- 2023 CoC Project Budget Template
- DEI Self Assessment
- 9/8/23 - Notification of Project Approval and Rank or Project Rejection: Projects approved and ranked by the Project Rating Committee will be allowed to submit a Project Application in e-snaps; Rejected Applications may appeal the decision for grounds by 9/13/23. - CLOSED
- 9/22/23 - Completed Project Applications due in eSnaps for CoC Final Review- CLOSED
- 9/28/23 - CoC Consolidated Application due to HUD
CoC Program Competition Overview
Each year, the Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Department releases their annual Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) for the Continuum of Care (CoC) Program. In Northern Colorado, the HUD CoC Program funds roughly $1.5 million to support:
- Permanent Supportive Housing (PSH)
- Rapid Rehousing (RRH)
- Coordinated Entry (CE-CAHPS)
- Data Infrastructure (HMIS)
- CoC Planning
Though it varies between years, the CoC NOFO typically is released in the summer and CoC's have roughly 3 months to conduct a local competition that rates and ranks individual project applications. Ranked project applications will be submitted for funding consideration to HUD alongside a Consolidated Application the CoC prepares that details our region's efforts to collectively address homelessness.
The NoCO CoC's Consolidated Application, previously submitted data reports, and Project Applications are evaluated alongside all of the other Continuums of Care across the country to determine level of renewal and new funding that we will receive.
Previous CoC Program Competitions
2022 CoC Program Competition
The NoCO CoC responded to the 2022 CoC NOFO and submitted our Consolidated Application on September 28, 2022. On March 28th, 2023 HUD announced that Northern Colorado received $1,461,940 in CoC Program funding. This funding supports four permanent supportive housing projects, one cross-county rapid rehousing project, as well as critical funding for CoC infrastructure, including HMIS, coordinated entry and CoC planning dollars. View the HUD Announcement.
CoC Funded Project Evaluation Resources
The NoCO CoC is highly committed to supporting and keeping accountability for CoC funded programs to implement Housing First and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusionary (DEI) practices. Beginning in 2023, CoC funded programs must complete yearly self assessments and create actionable steps for improvement of their programming from a Housing First and DEI lens.